Job Openings at Our Evanston, IL Store
Asst Store Manager
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Owner
Act as liaison between store and owner, clearly communicating and reporting on store business and staff.
Manage and promote all aspects of the business; including but not limited to buying, pricing, sales, merchandising, loss prevention, training and managing staff. With strong leadership, promote a high level of customer service and continually strive for innovative solutions and alternatives in bettering the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (by 12 months of completed work):
- Meet or exceed financial goals, focusing on sales and overall profitability.
- Maintain controllable expenses within established guidelines. Process billing, invoices and related documents to ensure vendors and service providers are paid within the appropriate time frame.
- Drive sales through the development of staff; focusing on coaching, training, and role modeling desired behaviors.
- Support and execute all buys as per directed process efficiences. Manage all customer buys to ensure we maintain productivity and profitability standards.
- Promote and role model a culture of positive customer service to every one, every day.
- Maintain merchandise and visual presentation standards on a daily basis.
- Recruit, hire, and train associates for all store posititions. Create and oversee staffing and scheduling, implement individual development plans, set productivity and performance standards for each associate. Complete and deliver associate performance evaluations in a timely manner. Create and maintain an environment of consistent and continuous coaching.
- Ensure all inventory functions are completed as directed, including regular inventory counts. Receive merchandise and ticket in a timely manner. If needed, follow the appropriate back stocking recommendations.
- Establish and maintain operational and monetary controls. Prepare daily bank deposits and perform daily/weekly auditing tasks. Reports any discrepancies, theft, or suspected theft by employees or customers to the appropriate parties immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. 4 year degree in Business or Retail Management preferred.
- 2+ years prior management and supervisory experience, plus 3 years retail sales experience, preferably in similar merchandise lines.
- Strong leadership, organizational skills, and time management skills are critical.
- Proven customer service skills and strong interpersonal communication skills required.
- Sales and goal oriented.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member or cart/dolly.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching customary to a retail environment; including receiving, pricing, and stocking/back stocking merchandise.
- Exposure to typical retail environment conditions and noise levels.
- Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
Please contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-330-3789
Sales Associates and Assistant Mangers
Full and Part-time
We are looking for team players with a passion for customer service. An interest in sports is a huge plus. We are looking to hire anyone interested in becoming part of team, and looking for a positive work experience.
Career Match Quiz
- Do you debate AB, RBI, HR and ERA with your friends?
- Do you check what's in a person's golf bag before saying “Yes” to a round of golf?
- Do you know what “Hat Trick” stands for and why in a certain city an octopus is involved?
- Do you enjoy working alongside sports-minded, energetic, fun people?
- Do you like getting great discounts on cool sports gear?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, we'd love to meet you.
At Play It Again Sports, we offer:
- Full and part-time positions
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules that compliment your busy life
- A great employee discount
Download* a Job Application. Either fill out the application online, save it and email it to us or print, fill out and bring it to the store.
*You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader 8.0 or above to view ,print and fill out the application. Save your changes and email application to your nearest location. If you are unable to complete the application online, please print out the application, fill it out by hand and bring it to the store.
Evanston, IL 60202
|Mon:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Tues:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Wed:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Thu:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Fri:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Sat:||10:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Sun:||12:00 PM - 05:00 PM|